The NJ DEP Division of Fish and Wildlife reminds saltwater anglers that the
federal government's National Saltwater Angler Registry Program requires most
New Jersey saltwater anglers to register prior to fishing in 2010.
You must register if you*
* Fish for or catch anadromous species (striped bass, shad, river herring)
in state tidal waters
* Fish in Federal waters (more than 3 miles from shore)
You do not have to register if you*
* Are under 16 years of age
* Only fish on federally licensed party or charter boats
* Hold a Highly Migratory Species Angling Permit
Online and telephone registration will begin January 1, 2010. Register online at
or call toll free 888-674-7411.
Registration is free in 2010.